Guidance Program – LIFE
Each week, our 4 and 5 year olds learn in fun ways about everyday problems and situations.
The ways in which LIFE emphasizes building social skills include:
- By meeting “Feeling Friends”, children begin the year recognizing and talking about their feelings.
- Building upon this, children meet other characters and puppets that have problems with their friends, such as sharing, taking turns, joining in, being bossy, having feelings hurt, being different, etc.
- Children then help the characters and puppets problem solve to find socially acceptable solutions.
This program helps children to:
- Be aware of their own feelings as well as the feelings of others.
- Be accepting of their individuality.
- Use their words to express their feelings.
- Begin the building blocks of social skills which will help them later make right choices and to deal with their peers.