The River Road Preschool Development Center is proud to introduce as our next Director, Danielle Todd, M.Ed.
• Director, Westhampton Day School, 2012-present
• Head Start Educator, Chesterfield County Public Schools
• Lead Preschool and Kindergarten Teacher, Good Shepherd Episcopal School
• Master of Education, Early Childhood Education, Capella University
• Bachelor of Science in Education, Charter Oak State College
Highlights from Resume
• Led Westhampton Day School to achieve National Accreditation.
• Served as co-president of Richmond Area Directors (local preschool association).
• Hosted multiple development training sessions for RAD, RECA, and CCPS.
• Expanded WDS to include a second satellite campus and a partnership with Faison School.
Highlights from Interview
• “I believe River Road has an outstanding preschool program with a world-class faculty. I am eager to get to know our families and faculty and find ways to serve them in this new role.”
• “River Road’s curriculum design of learning through play is the perfect model for the ages of students that we serve.”
• “Why do I do what I do? Children. I love children and want to provide them with the healthiest and most loving environment I can.”
• “I am drawn to River Road because I love being able to nurture children in a faith environment. I want them to learn that God loves them and we do too.”
• “In all we do as a preschool, I want to focus upon three things: 1) what is best for our children, 2) providing effective and productive communication among parents, teachers, and the church, and 3) exhibiting excellent teamwork between the faculty and administrative leadership.”